The Otsego County Community Center and Otsego County Sportsplex host a number of indoor leagues, and the Alpine Soccer Complex provides fun outdoors.
The Community Center and Sportsplex offer schedules at www.otsegocountyparksrec.com and www.ocsportsplex.com, respectively.
• Hockey. The Otsego County Hockey Association holds fall, winter and spring leagues for all ages, with tournaments from January through March at the Otsego County Sportsplex. For more information, visit www.ocsportsplex.com or the hockey league’s Web site at www.gaylordhockey.com. The Gaylord Area Men’s Hockey League, run by area volunteers, is held at the Sportsplex. Fall, winter and spring sessions are available in 2013. Games are non-checking and open to players 18 and older. Call the Sportsplex at 731-3546 for more information.
• Kayaking. The Kayak Club helps fine tune skills from the winter through the spring at the Sportsplex. Cost is $10 per visit or use a $40 punch card for five visits. Call 731-3546.
• Learn to Skate Program. Call the Sportsplex at 731-3546 or visit its Web site for session dates and times.
• Open swim/skate. Open swim/skate times are available at the Sportsplex. Cost is $2.50 ($3.50 for out-of-county residents) for children under 17; $3 for adults ($4 for out-of-county residents); $2 for seniors ($3 for out-of-county residents; $8.50 per family ($10.50 for out-of-county residents); and skate rental is $3. Call the Sportsplex at 731-3546.
• Pickleball. The Sportsplex has pickleball for adults. Adult in-county fee is $3 and $2 for seniors. Call 731-3546 to reserve court times or to get more information.
• Swimming. The Gaylord Gators, a youth competitive swim club, meets at the Sportsplex with sessions from October through December, then January through March. Call Jennifer Hope at 231-516-4072. Aqua Fit, water exercise for all ages, is held year-round; call the Sportsplex at 731-3546. Swim lessons are held at the Sportsplex year-round at $55 per child per session in Otsego County, and $65 for out-of-county residents. Save $10 by signing up more than a week early. Each session is comprised of eight classes; call the Sportsplex at 731-3546.
• Walking. Keep Movin’ at the ‘Plex, held year-round at the Sportsplex, offers walking incentives for all ages. Participants use the walking track around the ice rink (1/8 of a mile) or the outdoors Energy Outlet (1/4 of a mile). For more information, call 731-3546.
• Winter Driving Range. $5 drop-in golf, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Participants are asked to bring their own clubs. Call for times at 731-3546.
• Yoga. The Sportsplex offers yoga instruction for all levels of experience, including introductory courses and multilevel fit yoga. For times and dates, visit the Sportsplex’s Web site at www.ocsportsplex.com or call 731-3546.
• Cycling. For cyclers of all experience levels, the Sportsplex boasts spinning classes for fitness and training. For more information, visit www.ocsportsplex.com or call 731-3546.
• Karate. Wednesday nights at the Sportsplex. Contact instructor Kevin Thayer at 989-619-0714.