As the community grows, Otsego Memorial Hospital (OMH) expands as well, providing essential facilities and medical services to meet the demands of a growing population.
OMH is a progressive, fully accredited primary care facility serving Otsego and surrounding counties.
Serving more than 1,500 inpatients and more than 110,000 outpatients per year, OMH also employs and affiliates with more than 100 medical practitioners, bringing a broad spectrum of health care services to the communities served.
OMH is the largest employer in the community with more than 530 employees.
The hospital is located at 825 N. Center Ave. in Gaylord and may be reached at 731-2100.
OMH Services and Components
• Acute Care Hospital
• Birthing Center
• McReynolds Hall — Skilled nursing home facility offering a home-like atmosphere for residents with highly skilled and trained professional caregivers.
• OMH Radiology Department
• OMH Rehabilitation Services Department
• OMH MedCare Walk-In Clinic — Located at 1996 Walden Drive. Open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends and holidays. MedCare is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• OMH Association — Members elect the Otsego Memorial Hospital board of directors and determine the bylaws which govern the facility. All residents of the OMH service area are eligible to join the organization. For more information, call 731-2216.
• OMH Auxiliary — A corps of volunteers supporting the hospital and McReynolds Hall, the auxiliary operates the Pink Awning Gift Shop, delivers gifts and flowers to patients and conducts fundraisers each year, yielding annual donations to the hospital. For information, call 731-2409.
• OMH Foundation — Raises money to support Otsego Memorial Hospital and its patients.
• OMH Medical Group — Gaylord — The OMH Professional Medical Building houses the multi-specialty OMH Medical Group providing primary care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics and pediatrics to the region. For information about providers affiliated with OMH, call physician referral at 731-2300. Appointments with providers may be made by calling:
• Family Practice, 731-7860
• General Surgery, 731-7987
• Internal & Integrative Medicine, 731-7870
• Obstetrics & Gynecology, 731-2105
• Pediatrics, 731-7930
• OMH N’Orthopedics — Office locations: 2147 Professional Drive, Gaylord (off McCoy Road), 732-1753; 1200 N. Down River Road, Grayling, 348-2966
• OMH Specialty Center — Specialty medical care located in the lower level of the Gaylord Family Practice Associates Building east of Gaylord on M-32.
• Oncology & Infusion Therapy Center — Located at 701 N. Otsego Ave. and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. For information, call 731-7760.
• OMH Medical Group — Lewiston — Located at 3040 Bourn St., Lewiston (at Mitchelson Avenue and Bourn Street). The clinic is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays 8 a.m. to noon. For more information, call 786-4877.
• OMH Medical Group — Indian River — Located at 3696 S. Straits Highway, Indian River. The clinic is open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. For more information, call 231-238-0581.
Other Medical Providers
• Image North, 2922 D&M Drive, Image North Complex, Gaylord; 705-1100; www.imagenorth.org
Image North is an independent “state of the art” outpatient diagnostic imaging center serving all of Northern Michigan from its locations in Petoskey and Gaylord. Dr. Matthew Visconti and Dr. Brad VanAssche provide the highest level of quality patient care by offering the latest in MRI, CT, digital mammography, ultrasound, pain management injections and nonsurgical laser vein treatments in a relaxing spa-like atmosphere. Image North accepts referrals from all community medical practitioners and are advocates in supporting the patient’s choice for medical health care. “It’s your choice ... choose wisely!”
• Northwest Michigan Community Health Agency, 95 Livingston Blvd., Gaylord; 800-432-4121, or 732-1794
Serving Otsego, Antrim, Charlevoix and Emmet counties, the health department offers screening for breast and cervical cancer, children’s special health care services, dental care, family planning, HIV counseling and testing, immunizations, maternal child health services, WIC and home health care services.
• Hospice of Michigan, 830 S. Otsego Ave., Gaylord; 732-2151 or 888-247-5701
Hospice of Michigan is a nonprofit organization that provides hospice care to people who are living with a life-limiting illness, including pediatric hospice care, as well as support to those who care for them. Hospice provides care to all patients who meet criteria, regardless of age, diagnosis or the ability to pay. Hospice serves Otsego and 11 surrounding counties.
Contact Cathy Klemish, regional director service operations, interim operations manager.